Dear 2010 (12312010)

Thank You 2010 . . .
I welcomed the year with no money in my pocket.  Hopeful that I'd be able to get a better-paying job.  Indeed you gave me one, at the first week of the year--at that.  But I risked letting go of it, as I believed there could be more opportunities that can better put to use my abilities and could properly compensate me.  Jobless again, I almost lost hope and when interview after interview, the companies I applied for did not ring me back.  With that you taught me patience -- that good things come to those who wait.  At mid year, you gave me two stable and solid companies to choose for.  And here I am, although I have never been this stressed this yuletide season, at my age and status, I can say that I am fully content with the company I am currently working for.
Thank you, I never went zero on my investments either.  Thanks to the extra money I earned, I was able to buy myself a new techie.  I also got to travel twice within three months.  Even though it's only inter-island, it was a privilege I never had before, and now I am craving for more travels, hopefully with friends this time or with a new-found partner (ambisyosa ba?).
Thank you also, I got to touch base with law school again.  Hopefully be back next year -- in another school.  It's my ticket to buying a house and a car 'ya know !

Thank you, I still have my family complete.  Not all people get to have this blessing and I am lucky enough that with you, I still have them.  I will never bargain them for anything despite the imperfections.  I love them just the way they are.  Thank you for the friends who stuck with me through my brattiness, brokenness and bluntness, who at times may not be in harmony with my opinions, but who respected what I stood for.  Thank you for the chismosos and the chismosas and the people I am pissed off.  With them, I learn to appreciate my true friends even more.  Thank you for the relatives, new-found friends and people who are constantly there to share their life with me and to help, they are an added spice to my daily life.
At the start of the year, you greeted me with typhoid fever.  With that, I want to thank you for the lost pounds (but if I were to choose, I wouldn't want another typhoid fever in my lifetime!)  Much thanks also because I learned to value my health by being extra carefull with what I eat this time.  I am more health conscious than ever !
To my Faith, I miss you !  I wished I got to retrace my bonds with you this 2010, unluckily 2010 is just about to end.  I hope we could brush elbows the next year!
As to my lovelife....  Although I was at the first stage of recovery from a failed relationship, I stood with weak knees at the start of you.  And mind you, it was quite hard for the first half of the year.  But here I am now, feeling much better than the end of 2009.  With that, I learned valuable lessons: things cannot always go on my way, that setting someone free could be much more better than having them with you and the suffering still continues, that there is someone much more better who will come along (I am positive with this), that there is more to life than being in a relationship.  I have to admit, during isolated times, the past still leaves a tear in my eye (it always does in every failed relationship of mine).  But a chapter ends to accomodate another chapter.  Life goes on and there's more to life than love.
TO 2010, IT WAS HARD AT THE FIRST HALF OF THE YEAR. BUT YOU GAVE ME A REBOUND IN THE LATTER PART OF IT.  I WAS SO BLESSED.  BECAUSE YOU HAVE GIVEN ME SO MUCH, I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE SOMETHING BACK THIS 2011.  FIRST STOP WOULD BE OUR HIGH SCHOOL BATCH REUNION.  WITH THE HELP OF FREINDS, I HOPE I'D BE ABLE TO PULL THIS THROUGH.
LASTLY, THANK GOD FOR 2010 !!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Isla Romantica: A Quick Dip

Lexmark: A Company Review